Delays

Our adoption process has been interesting, to say the least. Delays have come and gone to the point of total ridiculousness. (I was actually found to have 42 counts of criminal activity in a state I've never actually lived in. Believe it or not, when they finally checked the social security numbers, they realized it wasn't actually me. Shocker.) Our home study alone has stretched a 3 month process to a 10+ month process. (I put the + there because it's actually not finished yet.)

As I was praying (aka complaining) to God one night, these words resounded over and over in my heart:

"Thank Me for the delays. Because of these delays, you know that I am in control. Because of these delays, you know that there is no coincidence in the world that could cause this many speedbumps and that what has happened so far is completely divine. Because of these delays, you know that I have hand-chosen your child for you."

Thank Him for the delays you encounter today. They are His handiwork in your life.